Full Scale Prototype Larger Than The Printer Itself
We produced for them a 9' x 4.5' fuselage in about 4 weeks from the time they provided us with their design.
This full scale prototype was an extremely complex additive manufacturing project. Our aerospace customer was accelerating the development of a new aircraft for a growing global market. They required a full-size fuselage model with a high degree of dimensional accuracy so they could perform internal testing for ergonomics, cockpit design, and operation.
The fuselage was about 9’ long and 4.5’tall – one of the largest prototypes we’d ever attempted. For a build that big, we had to develop a production method for creating over 130 thin-walled panels along with a proprietary system of mechanical joints and assembly.
- Must be actual size which is larger than our printer
- Required a high degree of dimensional accuracy
- In-person delivery
- Produced a 9′ long and 4.5′ tall prototype
- Printed in 130 thin-walled panels
- Used proprietary system of mechanical joints
- Design for Additive
- Digital Manufacturing